If you’re brand new to ITS YOUR RACE, you might want to know where to start. Our software is designed to handle all types of events from the basic 5K to a triathlon to a 24-hour endurance run. We include the ability to upload results, post athlete photos with the results and allow events to open team and individual fundraising.
This blog is a great resource for learning everything there is to know about using ITS YOUR RACE, but if you’re just diving in, we’ve created a video that shows you how to set up a simple event in ITS YOUR RACE and turn on registration.
Since we launched our fundraising platform in late 2015, we’ve been gathering feedback from users, timers and race directors on how to improve the new functionality. As 2016 comes to a close, we’re excited to release our updated feature list with our fundraising platform.
- Fundraising is front and center.
Fundraising on IYR is fully integrated with the registration process. When your participants sign up for your event on ITS YOUR RACE, they will automatically review a description of your charity and they will be asked, “Would you like to become a fundraiser or donate?”This means 100% exposure for your cause and more participants signing up to become a fundraiser.
- All event registration revenue and donations together in one admin dashboard.
Race directors are busy people. There’s a lot of logistics outside of the computer that need to be taken care of. ITS YOUR RACE allows you to have 1 admin dashboard to view all of your financial reports. We separate registration revenue from donations so you can view exactly what you’ve raised for your event’s charity. Event admins can also create custom export formats to get the exact data that they need in a spreadsheet.
- Custom Fundraising Page.
Admins can add photos, images and custom text to the main fundraising page telling participants and race supporters why they are collecting funds and encouraging them to join the fundraising campaign.
- Team and Individual Fundraising.
Strength can come in numbers, especially when it comes to fundraising! Allow your registrants to create not only individual fundraising pages, but also encourage them to create a team. A person can create a team page AND create an individual page to send donors to. This allows each individual to tell their own story and explain why they are participating in your event and/or raising funds for the cause.
- Fully Custom Individual and Team Fundraising Pages.
IYR allows fundraisers to enhance their page with photos, images and text explaining why they are participating in the event and raising money for the cause.
- Overall, Individual and Team Goals
When an admin sets up fundraising, we ask what the overall goal of the campaign is. That goal is represented by a meter on the main fundraising page. When an individual or team joins the fundraising effort, we ask them to fill in a goal as well. We have a graphic meter on each page that shows what the goal is, and how close the funds raised are to achieving that goal.
- Individuals and Teams can access and download donor their data. Sending a “thank-you” note to everyone that supports you and your fundraising efforts is important. We allow admins to access all information on the main backend admin tool, but we also give individual and team fundraisers the ability to export their donations and the information from each donor.
- Transaction fees can be passed on or included in the donation. Admins have the ability to set whether a donor will automatically pay the transaction fees, whether they want to include the fees in any donations or whether they want to allow donors to choose to “enhance their donation” and pay the fees. Fees are 6% plus $0.30 for stand-alone donations, or 6% for donations made with a race registration.
- Multiple charities can be included. ITS YOUR RACE allows admins to set up multiple charities within each event, and fundraisers or donors can select which charity they’d like to support.
- Stand-alone reports for admins. Any person who has admin access to an event on IYR can download all donor or fundraiser data. There are also full donation reports providing an admin with the exact amount to be paid out to each charity.
- Custom emails for registered fundraisers. When someone signs up to be a fundraiser, ITS YOUR RACE allows admins to fully customize the confirmation email that’s sent out.
- Invitations. It’s easy for fundraisers to send invites/notifications to let people know that they’re raising money. When invitations are sent out via email, fundraisers can track if their email was received/read and if the recipient donated.
Ready to launch your campaign? Get started with fundraising today.
It’s December, and you know what that means….Santa Strolls, Reindeer Runs and Jingle Jogs are in full effect!
The entire IYR staff would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy new year!
To celebrate the holiday season, we’ve installed a new holiday finisher certificate for all of our customers to use in their December events. Here is a sample of the new template:
In order to make sure your finisher certificates are turned on, go to your event admin tool and click on RESULTS then click on FINISHER CERTIFICATES.
Select the new “HOLIDAYS” template and apply to all of your divisions that you will have results for. SAVE the change.
In order for finisher certificates to appear to your participants when they view their results, you must go to RESULTS then RACES and set “RESULTS ARE OFFICIAL” to YES for each of your divisions. You can do this before or after your event, as some timers wish to make changes to their results before they mark them as “official”.
Have a happy holiday season, and good luck with all of your December events!