We receive this question a lot from timers when they are trying to get their race director to fill out the payment information for online registration. Some event directors get lost in setting up an account on ITS YOUR RACE or can’t figure out how to get in to the admin section to sign up for online registration. This post will help you trouble-shoot with your event director if they are having trouble.
It’s important to note first that ITS YOUR RACE was designed to help our Jaguar Timers have an all-in-one platform that allows them to set up online registration for their race director and then have all of that registration data in the exact format that they need for timing on race day. It also allows them to upload live photos, results and athlete tracking data directly from their timing system. The expectation is that the TIMER sets up the event and INVITES THE OWNER to fill out the payment information. Below is the process that occurs from a timer setting up an event to an event owner filling out payment information and finally, the timer taking registration live.
- The timer logs in, goes to MY ACCOUNT, MANAGE EVENTS and CREATE A NEW EVENT. During the event creation process, you’ll be asked to fill out event details, create RACES (which are the equivalent of the JAGUAR DIVISIONS that you plan on setting up in your timing system on race day), create a WAIVER, SHIRT SIZE COLLECTION and set up WAVES (if applicable). Finally, you will be asked to set up REGISTRATION TYPES. These are what the participant sees when they go to sign up for the event. Example registration types are 5K Adult, 5K Student, 5K Family of 4 and Kids Fun Run.
- Once you have gone through that process, we will ask you if you want to sign up for registration services. CHECK THE BOX that says “Sign up for registration” and then agree to the terms of service that IYR will be this event’s sole provider of online registration.
- Next, it will ask you what your ROLE in the event is. Check the box that says TIMER and a form will automatically appear prompting you to invite your OWNER. Only people with OWNER permissions can fill out the payment information for an event. We give you the option to fill in a custom note for your event director. I always recommend telling the event owner about the software briefly and what they should do with the invitation they are receiving. Feel free to copy and paste the text below:
“This is the registration software we’ll be using to allow participants to register online for your race. Please create an ITS YOUR RACE login to access the admin dashboard for your event. Once you are on the admin dashboard, click REGISTRATION SIGN UP and then fill out the payment option and information. Let me know if you have any questions!”
- This is the email that your owner receives:
*Troubleshooting tip* Due to spam filters on some workplace email addresses, we’ve had a few complaints that owners do not receive the invitation and therefore cannot complete the process. If this happens, ask them to CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON ITS YOUR RACE with the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS that you invited to the event. Go to MY ACCOUNT and within the dropdown click on EVENT INVITES. This will allow them to view the email above without receiving it in their inbox. They can click on the link in the invitation that will take them to their admin dashboard and prompt them to fill out the registration payment information.
- Once an owner receives the email, the click on the link and are taken to a page that prompts them to create an account on IYR:
- In most cases, the owner will be creating an IYR account:
- Once they create their account, they are taken to a page that tells them what their role as an EVENT OWNER is:
- This is where I feel that some owners may get confused. Once they get to the dashboard, they need to click on the REGISTRATION SIGN UP menu item:
- When they click on this, they will be taken to the page where they agree to sign up for online registration through ITS YOUR RACE and then select their payment option:
- Once they fill out all of the information for those options, you will be able to turn registration on by logging in and going to the ADMIN for the event, going to REGISTRATION and setting ALLOW REGISTRATION to YES and clicking SAVE. As long as you have previously set up your RACES and REGISTRATION TYPES during the event setup wizard, your registration will be ready to go live: